Thursday, May 22, 2008

Heads- Shrunken and cardboard

Shrunken Punks! -panty hose zombies!
my mom is the one who taught me how to make panty hose heads. OBVIOUSLY her's weren't weirdo shrunken heads. but some people see a blank canvas and see a puppy and some see a monster. she used to make and sell them when she was around my age and it makes me feel really happy and close to her when i sew them. maybe later i will post a picture of the little container i have jammed full of tiny hand painted eyes i have ready for the next batch.
Mom I hope they forgive you for what you have unleashed upon the world!!
Here is an unfinished one of mine next to an unfinished one of her's that is probably older than me.
I plan on making a huge pile of these to take to Crafty Bastards with me. I hope people will like them. I plan on having lots of new stuff actually. They are doing features on new stuff vcnders are working on for the show and today they featured me! Read it on the Crafty Bastards Blog Thanks Tina!!

I spent all morning painting with my son Jack. He helped add some artistic crayon scribbles on things. So I guess you could say it was our first collaboration. I have drawn with him before (and on him, which he LOVES) but this stuff is for monster head magnets for the fair. So I can proudly say my son helped me work on a stack of Frankenstein and Bigfoot heads painted on cardboard. I am so proud!!! -snif

No comments: